Saturday, December 27, 2008

Moon Sand

Photobucket
Moon Sand has got to be one of the coolest new toys out there.
I had never even heard of the stuff until my Nephew- who we will call Monkey Boy because it amuses me- asked for some for Christmas (well, he asked for a lot of things. I actually believe he thinks my name is Auntie Iwant)

Moon Sand is kinda like Playdough except it never gets hard and it looks and feels like play sand. You can mold it using pretty much anything (and they have about 9 bizillion mold sets out. We went old school and used stuff from around the house). In a day and age where there is a video game or web site to do anything you could possibly want or imagine it was a really simple and basic toy, I think that's what I liked about it. It was just fun and all you had to do was open the package and go.

And to Monkey Boy's delight Auntie Iwant has now decided we need more sand...

1 comment:

cinabar said...

I remember being given something like that as a birthday present when I was little... don't think it caught on back then... but I loved it!